It is important to us that you, and our other users or members, have the best possible time while using our site and services, and that when you use this site you are fully aware of your respective legal rights and obligations. For that reason, we have created these Terms of Service as the legally binding terms to govern your use of this site and our services. Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using the site because they affect your legal rights and obligations.
All trades on this site are concluded solely between users of the service, and while GekoBox.com may help in resolving disputes between the parties, it does not itself become a party to such transactions, contracts or relationships. GekoBox.com is a platform that provides service(s) enabling its users to set up markets for peer-to-peer exchange by way of creating advertisements for trades directed to other users.
These Terms of Service ("Agreement") form a
legal agreement covering the provision of GekoBox.com ("Gekobox.com"
or "GekoBox" or "us" or "our"
or "we") services ("service" or "services")
by Hadron Box Limited to you as an individual ("you" or "your").
Your use of the services will be governed by this Agreement, along with the
GekoBox.com. By using the services, you agree to become bound by the terms and
conditions of this Agreement.
The Service operated by GekoBox.com allows all registered users of the Service ("Members") to:
- transfer Bitcoins to you or other Members or other users of Bitcoin outside the GekoBox.com website;
- use Bitcoins for purchasing goods, services or other assets where applicable;
- by using GekoBox Services, you further represent and warrant that;
- you are at least 18 (eighteen) years old;
- you have will, full power and authority to enter into the Agreement;
- you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service, including by their future amendments if any;
- you are acting in compliance with legislation of the jurisdiction you operate in and with any other applicable legislation;
- in accordance with any law you have to comply with it is not forbidden to use our Services;
- you will not use our Services for any purpose which is unlawful or prohibited by the Agreement;
- you have not previously been suspended or removed from using our Services;
- you have read, understand and completely agree to these Terms of Service as a whole, and to each of their provisions separately;
- all your previous representations were made responsibly, and you have fully understood the meaning of all sentences and separate words.
Acceptance, Changes and Modification of Terms
GekoBox.com reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any part of this site and/or any software, facilities and services on this site, with or without notice, and/or to establish general guidelines and limitations on their use.
If you do not agree with any of these Terms of Service, please do not use this site. By using this site or our services you will be deemed to have irrevocably agreed to these terms and conditions. Please note that these Terms of Service may be revised and reissued without notice at any time. You should visit this page regularly, and before engaging in any trades in particular, to review the current Terms of Service, since your continued use of the site will be deemed as an irrevocable acceptance of any revisions. Notwithstanding the above, we will strive to notify you of any changes to these Terms of Service which significantly affect your rights and obligations. Such notices will be sent to the email address you have provided us through your account settings, and it is your responsibility to keep your contact information up to date.
Services provided by GekoBox might not be legally allowed in certain jurisdictions. By accepting these terms and conditions you confirm that you are not a resident of a such jurisdiction.
To use our services, or to access this site or some of the resources it has to offer, you may be asked to provide registration details to register a user account ("account"). It is a condition of use of this site and our services that all the details you provide are correct, current, and complete. If we believe the details are not correct, current, or complete, we have the right to refuse you access to the site, or any of its resources, and to terminate or suspend your account.
You may only act on your own behalf. Your account may not be used to act as an intermediary or broker for any person or entity.
You may only use your own account to trade at GekoBox.com and you may only use one user account at a time for trading. You are responsible for maintaining adequate security and control of any & all IDs, passwords, personal identification numbers (PINs), or any other codes or credentials that you use to access the services. You are not allowed to sell, borrow, share or otherwise make available your account or any detail necessary to access your account to people or entities other than yourself.
Your account must not contain misleading or fraudulent information, including, but not limited to having a non-personal phone number, creating fake reputation information for your account, faking your country of origin or providing fraudulent identification documents.
We may at any time require you to complete our ID verification
process and may also require you to submit additional identification documents
to us if we deem it necessary. Failing to complete ID verification will be
considered a violation of this Agreement.
Finally, you agree that You will not use the Service to perform criminal activity of any sort, including but not limited to, money laundering, illegal gambling operations, terrorist financing, or malicious hacking. We will not hesitate to report all criminal or suspected activities to the law enforcement agencies.
We use automated fraud and risk modeling when assessing the risk associated with your account, your ads and your trades. If we find your account to pose a fraud risk or a risk to GekoBox or our customers, the use of your account and the service may be temporarily limited pending our manual review and/or additional identity verification measures required from you.
Furthermore, we have the right to, at our sole discretion, suspend, limit or terminate the use of your account and/or suspend the use of, hide or remove any advertisements or other material you have submitted to the services, if:
Our above right includes the right to limit access to your account balance if pursuant to a court order or other legal process or obligation, or if you have not completed the additional identity verification measures we have requested from you, or if we have reason to believe that you do not have the right to access or control the account or the Bitcoin funds on that account.
If we determine that you have at any previous point in time violated this Agreement or any other agreement that you have entered with us, we will immediately close, suspend or limit your account and Bitcoin balance.
Although we reserve the right to terminate your use of the services immediately and without hearing you in any of the above circumstances, we wish to deal with such situations in a fair and proportionate manner. Depending on our legal and contractual obligations, the urgency of the issue and the way we decide to balance the interests requiring protection, we will usually strive to inform and hear you before we take actions based on our above-mentioned rights under this Section, particularly if it involves the permanent termination of your account and/or any content or materials associated with it. By using the services, however, you agree and acknowledge that this is not always possible and that we are not in any circumstance liable for any damage, losses, expenses or harm resulting from the use of our rights under this Section.
- we have reason to believe that you have acted in violation of these Terms of Service or that any content or material submitted or shared by you in or through the services violates these Terms of Service or the intellectual property rights, other property rights or the right to privacy of any third party;
- we have reason to believe that your use of the services is in violation of any applicable law or regulation, or that you are using the services in a fraudulent manner or otherwise contrary to the purpose of this Agreement;
- we have reason to believe that you have supplied false, misleading or deceptive information in connection with your registration, identity verification, transactions or any other use of the services, either to us or to another user;
- you have not responded to our inquiries or supplied the information requested by us within a reasonable period of time; or
- we are required to do so under any applicable law, regulation or an order issued by an authority.
Transfer of Rights and Assignment
GekoBox.com is entitled to transfer or assign its rights and obligations under this agreement to any person either natural or legal, at any time without notice to you. Such transfer or assignment however may not affect your right or our obligations under this Agreement.
At the same time, you may not transfer or assign any of your rights and / or obligations under this Agreement to any other person.
All services are provided without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. We do not represent that this Site will be available 100% of the time to meet your needs. We will strive to provide You with the Service as soon as possible but there are no guarantees that access will not be interrupted, or that there will be no delays, failures, errors, omissions or loss of transmitted information.
Disputes on Bitcoin Trades
If the buyer and seller are in disagreement over a trade, either party or GekoBox.com may initiate a dispute. Disputed trades are resolved by GekoBox.com support staff.
If the seller turns unresponsive, we will resolve the dispute to the buyer if we are confident that the seller has received valid payment from the buyer. If the buyer is unresponsive, the seller may dispute the trade and we will resolve the dispute to the seller.
After the trade has been released by the seller, cancelled by the buyer or automatically cancelled due to not being marked as paid, the trade is considered finished and cannot be disputed, reversed or altered.
Providing fraudulent information or documents in a dispute or making false claims or otherwise trying to force a certain outcome of a disputed trade is considered a violation of this Agreement. If payment details are provided outside of GekoBox platform, the dispute may be resolved without taking the payment details into consideration.
APIs and Widgets
We may provide access to certain parties to access specific data and information through our API (Application Programming Interface) or through widgets. We also may provide widgets for Your use to put our data on your Site. You are free to use these in their original unmodified state.
Registration or creating an account with GekoBox.com is free. However, GekoBox.com users who create advertisements are charged a certain percentage(reviewable) upon completion of trade.
GekoBox is entitled to charge its Users for each deal performed using the GekoBox.com trading platform. GekoBox fees can be found in each User’s profile.
It is deemed that the GekoBox fees as well as all Cryptocurrency transaction fees related to delivering Cryptocurrency from Escrow address to the Buyer’s address shall always be covered by the Advertiser.
At the same time:
- The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that he shall on his own and at his own expense cover all expenses of whatsoever nature related to delivering fiat money to the Seller.
- The Seller acknowledges and agrees that he shall on his own and at his own expense cover all Cryptocurrency transaction fees related to delivering Cryptocurrency to Escrow address.
Taking in account the fact that Cryptocurrency transaction fee may vary from time to time and cannot be predicted, total fee (both GekoBox fee and Cryptocurrency transaction fee) will be visible to both Parties only after the Seller will deposit Cryptocurrency to the Escrow address.
Any amounts charged by us may be displayed to you on our site prior to the transaction, submission of advertisement or other action or service on which the fee is based. By engaging in or ordering any of the afore-mentioned actions or services you will be deemed to have irrevocably agreed to the applicable pricing.
Without limitation, you agree not to, and not to encourage or allow any other user of the services to
- use the services or the site (or any part of them) for any illegal purpose;
- use the services in a manner which may cause the services to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the services is in any way impaired;
- attempt any unauthorized access to any part or component of the services, bypass or break any security mechanism of the services or use the services in any other manner that poses a security risk to us or any of our users;
- misrepresent your identity or credentials, or use those of another person, in engaging with us or any other persons on the site or via the services;
- use the services to harvest or otherwise collect information about others;
- use the services to engage in or in connection with fraudulent activity;
- reverse-engineer the services to find limitations or vulnerabilities;
- launch or facilitate, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a denial of service attack on the services or engage in any other conduct that adversely impacts the availability, reliability, or stability of the services;
- send, create or reply to so called mailbombs (i.e., emailing copies of a single message to many users, or sending large or multiple files or messages to a single user with malicious intent) or engage in spamming (i.e., unsolicited emailing or messaging for business or other purposes) or undertake any other activity which may adversely affect the operation or enjoyment of this site by any other person;
- alter or modify any part of the site or the services; or
- reproduce, sell, resell or otherwise exploit any resource, or access to any resource, contained on this site.
Email, Posts and Security
Email messages sent over the Internet may not be secure and GekoBox is not responsible for any damages incurred by the result of sending email messages over the Internet.
Online Payment Methods
GekoBox.com is not associated with any of the trademarks which might appear visible in the Online Payment method lists or advertisement details. Including, but not limited to Alipay, BPAY, Amazon Gift Card Code, Apple Store Gift Card Code, Ebay Gift Card Code, iTunes Gift Card Code, Walmart Gift Card Code, Google Wallet, Moneybookers / Skrill, Moneygram, MoneyPak, M-PESA Kenya (Safaricom), M-PESA Tanzania (Vodacom), Neteller, OKPay, Payeer, Paypal, Payza, Perfect Money, RIA Money Transfer, SolidTrustPay, Western Union, Xoom, Yandex Money or any other payment method. GekoBox.com does not itself support these payment methods or claim to be in partnership with them. Also, services provided by GekoBox or GekoBox.com are not authorized, approved, endorsed or sponsored by any of the payment methods listed above or their respective trademark owners. Payment method listings are visible on GekoBox.com for informative purposes only. Trademarks which might appear visible on GekoBox.com website belong to the respective trademark owners alone.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
This site and the services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your information and use without any representation or endorsement. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the site or the services, including but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we make no warranty that the site or the services will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server which makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or are fully functional, accurate, or reliable. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss, destruction or alteration of content or material as a result of uploading to or downloading from the site.
Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms of Service, nothing shall limit your rights as a consumer under mandatory provisions of applicable consumer protection legislation.
If and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we will not be liable for:
- any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- any special or indirect or consequential losses, howsoever arising
In any case, whether or not such losses were within the contemplation of either of us at the date on which the event giving rise to the loss occurred. Without limitation, you (and not us) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction or correction in the event of any such loss or damage arising.
Nothing in these Terms of Service shall exclude or limit our liability based on willful conduct or gross negligence. If and to the extent applicable law does not allow the above limitations of warranty and liability, such limitations shall not apply to you.
You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify us against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by us and arising out of or related to any breach of this Agreement by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your use of the services, or use by any other person accessing the services using your user account, device or internet access account; or your violation of any law or rights of any third party.
How to Contact Us
By using the services, you agree that any notice, disclosure, agreement or other communication that we deliver to you electronically to the email address you have defined in your account settings will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
Our business model, and our Service, consists of facilitating the buying, selling and trading of Bitcoins and their use to purchase/exchange goods in an unregulated, international open payment system.
If any part of provision this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Agreement.
This Agreement (as amended from time to time) contains the entire agreement and understanding between us in respect of all matters which are referred to herein and supersedes any prior written or oral agreement between us relating to such matters. No oral explanation or oral information given by either of us shall alter the interpretation of this Agreement. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept this Agreement, you have not relied on any representation that is not expressly included herein, and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a term of this Agreement. However, nothing in this Agreement purports to exclude liability for any fraudulent statement or act.
The services are controlled and offered by us from Nigeria. We make no representations that the services appropriate or available for use in other countries. Users of GekoBox.com are themselves responsible for making sure they are in compliance with legislation of the jurisdiction they operate and reside in.